Winter is a time when it’s easy to fall behind on routine home maintenance, especially with the winter we had here in North Texas! With warmer temperatures rapidly approaching, take a little time to get back on track before it gets HOT! Here are six ways to make sure a molehill doesn’t become a mountain with preventative spring home maintenance:
|1. Clean the gutters. Before spring showers are in full force, clear out your gutters and make sure your downspouts flow freely. |
2. Caulk windows and doors. A little caulking will keep water from seeping in and potentially causing costly damage.
3. Refresh your paint inside and out. Whether it’s fresh paint on your baseboards or an entirely new coat on the exterior, paint is a relatively simple and inexpensive way to freshen up your home. Not only does it look great, but fresh paint helps protect against potential damage from spring showers and summer sun.
4. Let the laundry room breathe. Clean out dryer vents and air ducts to prevent heat buildup.
5. Inspect high and low. Your basement and attic are two areas of your home that are easy to overlook. Check walls and flooring for leaks, stains and mold. Little leaks can become huge headaches if left unaddressed.
6. Inspect your heating and cooling system. Your furnace worked overtime to keep you warm during the colder months, return the favor by replacing your filters and cleaning the furnace of any dust and debris. If you’re not comfortable doing it yourself, call a professional. A service call is always cheaper than a new heating system.
Give me a call and I can provide you with information on local vendors who can help you with your spring home maintenance!
Beth Brake REALTOR®
Positively changing your life as you move toward your dreams.